2014年6月16日星期一

We were Born on the Same Day


图片取自 Spirit of Children's Literature

  'I'm Shmuel', said the little boy.

  Bruno scrunched up his face, not sure that he had heard the little boy right. 'What did you say your name was?' he asked.

  'Shmuel,' said the little boy as if it was the most natural thing in the world. 'What did you say your name was?'

  'Bruno,' said Bruno.

  'I've never heard of that name,' said Shmuel.

  'And I've never heard of your name,' said Bruno. 'Shmuel.' He thought about it. 'Shmuel,' he repeated. 'I like the way it sounds when I say it. Shmuel. It sounds like the wind blowing.'

  'Bruno,' said Shmuel, nodding his head happily. 'Yes, I think I like your name too. It sounds like someone who's rubbing their arms to keep warm.'

  'I've never met anyone called Shmuel before,' said Bruno.

  'There are dozens of Shmuels on this side of the fence,' said the little boy. 'Hundreds probably, I wish I had a name all of my own.'

  'I've never met anyone called Bruno,' said Bruno. 'Other than me, of course. I think I might be the only one.'

  'Then you're lucky,' said Shmuel.

  'I suppose I am. How old are you?' he asked.

  Shmuel thought about it and looked down at his fingers and they wiggled in the air, as if he was trying to calculate. 'I'am nine,' he said. 'My birthday is April the fifteenth nineteen thirty-four.'

  Bruno stared at him in surprise. 'What did you say?' he asked.

  'I said my birthday is April the fifteenth nineteen thirty-four.'

  Bruno's eyes opened wide and his mouth made the shape of O. 'I don't believe it,' he said.

  'Why not?' asked Shmuel.

  'No,' said Bruno, shaking his head quickly. 'I don't mean I don't believe you. I mean I'm surprised, that's all. Because my birthday is April the fifteenth nineteen thirty-four. We were born on the same day.'

The Boy in the Stripped Pyjamas, P108~109
John Boyne
ISBN 978-1-862-30527-4

Mak Xiao Wei(2014.06.14)>>[当周脸书帖子]>>

有关此书阅读分享:



隨意翻開你手邊的一本書的任何一頁,
寫下映入眼簾的第一個句子,
或是寫下你正在閱讀的書籍的句子,
標上書名、ISBN和頁數,當作回應。

閱讀讓思想更有力量,我們一起來讀書。

~ 松露玫瑰 ~


欢迎大家一起参与 周末读书天 My Weekend with Books 阅读分享,互相鼓励 :D >>[简介连接]>>



没有评论:

发表评论