2014年10月19日星期日

Books are Not Like People


图片取自 Curling Up by the Fire

  I find thirty-two books in the library about how the Heart works. Dad talks with the librarian and says it's okay for me to use his card too so I can check out a lot of books. Some of them are kids' books and some are adult books but I can read anything because my reading score is so high they can't even rate it. When I was in Kindergarten I was above eighth-grade level and that was as far as you could get in Kindergarten. Now I'm in fifth grade which is why I can read anything Dad can.

  Sometimes I read the same books over and over. What's great about books is that the stuff inside doesn't change. People say you can't judge a book by it's cover but that's not true because it says right on the cover what's inside. And no matter how many times you read that book the words and pictures don't change. You can open can close books a million times and they stay the same. They look the same. They say the same words. The charts and pictures are the same colors.

  Books are not like people. Books are safe.

Mockingbird, P33~34
Kathryn Erskine
ISBN 978-0-399-25264-8

Mai XW(2014.10.18)>>[当周脸书帖子]>>

有关此书阅读分享:






隨意翻開你手邊的一本書的任何一頁,
寫下映入眼簾的第一個句子,
或是寫下你正在閱讀的書籍的句子,
標上書名、ISBN和頁數,當作回應。

閱讀讓思想更有力量,我們一起來讀書。

~ 松露玫瑰 ~


欢迎大家一起参与 周末读书天 My Weekend with Books 阅读分享,互相鼓励 :D >>[简介连接]>>



没有评论:

发表评论