2014年7月12日星期六

Superwoman in Wheelchair


图片取自 goodreads

  "Can I ask you a question?"

  Surprised, I noded.

  "How much do you think about your CP?"

  What? What does that have to do with anything?

  "I mean, I know you don't like that need so much help, and I know you feel bad every time you have a CP moment, but whenever you're driving to the dining hall, or if you're doing an activity, do you . . ." she paused. "Is your wheelchair and computer on your mind at all?"

  I hesitated.

  "I'm not trying to yell at you, but do you understand what I'm asking. Are you conscious of your disability at all times?"

  "I . . . guess . . . not."

  "Okay," Christine shifted in her chair, "so, to you, it's normal to be in your wheelchair. To you, it's normal to talk with a computer. it's normal for you to have your hands strapped down. I know you hate needing help, but everything else is normal to you. Is that kinda how you fell?"

  I excitedly nodded. She pretty much understood.

  "Right. So, you don't know what it's like to be able to walk. You don't know what it's like to be able to talk. So you don't really miss it. IS that right? You can tell me if I'm not correct and if you want me to shut up."

  I shook my head and gestured for her to keep going.

  "So for some of us who heavily rely on walking and talking, we probably can't even begin to imagine what would be like if we were in your shoes. I'm not saying I can't, but for some people, especially sixteen- and seventeen-year-old guys who don't have very open minds, I think that is the case. They put themselves in your shoes without actually being you. Does that make any sense?"

  I nodded. "I . . . just . . . don't . . . want . . . people . . . to . . . think . . . I'm . . . this . . . superwoman . . . when . . . I'm . . . not."

  ……

Dancing Daisies, P316~317
Sara Pyszka
ISBN 978-0615910604



隨意翻開你手邊的一本書的任何一頁,
寫下映入眼簾的第一個句子,
或是寫下你正在閱讀的書籍的句子,
標上書名、ISBN和頁數,當作回應。

閱讀讓思想更有力量,我們一起來讀書。

~ 松露玫瑰 ~


欢迎大家一起参与 周末读书天 My Weekend with Books 阅读分享,互相鼓励 :D >>[简介连接]>>



没有评论:

发表评论