2014年1月6日星期一

Vietnamese Dishes


图片取自 Eat Your Books

"So is this dish influenced by French?" I asked.

He thinks for a minute then replies,"No, I don't believe so. They may have possibly influenced the way we eat it now, but it has always been a Hanoian dish. What I do know for sure is that the French love to eat this dish in winter. It has been a favourite of theirs for over fifty years."

I asked about dill and how that came to be used, as dill is native to Europe, and not something used in traditional Vietnamese cooking.

Mr Tuyen's daughter rushes over and says sternly, "This dish is not French, it is Vietnamese! Come in here, I'll show you!"

≪INDOCHINE≫ Baguettes and Banh Mi, Finding France in Vietnam, p30
by Luke Nguyenk
ISBN 9781741968842

SinKaan Chan(2014.01.04)>>[当周脸书帖子]>>



隨意翻開你手邊的一本書的任何一頁,
寫下映入眼簾的第一個句子,
或是寫下你正在閱讀的書籍的句子,
標上書名、ISBN和頁數,當作回應。

閱讀讓思想更有力量,我們一起來讀書。

~ 松露玫瑰 ~


欢迎大家一起参与 周末读书天 My Weekend with Books 阅读分享,互相鼓励 :D >>[简介连接]>>



没有评论:

发表评论