2017年4月22日星期六

Healing the Wounds


图片取自 NPR.com

  How did the healing come about? The way wounds heal is a miracle. Inevitably, they heal on their own. All we have to do is not let our hungry egos demand that the pain go away on a certain timetable. We need to have faith that the pain will pass. After all, pain is an emotion and no emotion stays forever.

  Sam, you will meet a lot well-meaning people who think they know ways that you can heal more quickly and feel less pain. They may be eager to suggest those ways and may even insist there are things you "should do". They do, indeed, mean well, and most are acting out of genuine caring. But before you take their advise, remember that everything a physical wound needs to heal is already in the body. Oxygen, blood, nutrients are in there, ready to begin their work. And the moment you are wounded, the healing begins.

  Emotional wounds are the same. Sometimes these wounds do not heal because the mind gets all involved and says things like "I should do this and I'll feel better," or "Maybe I could do that to repair the damage," or "I am hurting because of what another person did, and once they fix it, I will feel better."

  All of this mind talk just interferes with the natural healing process. When you feel deeply hurt, you have everything you need in yourself to repair the damage. You want compassion, understanding, and nurturing in ordeal to heal. But most of all, you need time.

  When I am in a dark tunnel, I want to be with people who love me enough to sit in the darkness with me and not stand outside telling me how to get out. I think that's what we all want.

When you are hurt, be close to people who love you and who can tolerate your pain without passing judgement or giving you advice. As time passes, you will long less for what you had yesterday and experience more of what you have today.

Letters to Sam, p78~79
Daniel Gottlieb
ISBN 978-1-4027-2883-9



隨意翻開你手邊的一本書的任何一頁,
寫下映入眼簾的第一個句子,
或是寫下你正在閱讀的書籍的句子,
標上書名、ISBN和頁數,當作回應。

閱讀讓思想更有力量,我們一起來讀書。

~ 松露玫瑰 ~


欢迎大家一起参与 周末读书天 My Weekend with Books 阅读分享,互相鼓励 :D >>[简介连接]>>



没有评论:

发表评论